Objectivism Online Forum

Bryan

Rate this topic

Linda

Like most of us, I remember exactly where I was on 9/11. Living in Florida at the time, I was busy at work when someone came in into the office from the break room with the news. The rest of the day was spent watching in horror as the day's events unfolded.

Shortly before that tragic day, a wonderful artist named Bryan Larsen, completed a painting that featured a dashing young architect taking pride in his greatest masterpiece. In "A New Height" the World Trade Center is featured prominently in the painting. The original oil on linen was purchased very quickly, after which Bryan Larsen made a limited number of signed and numbered prints on canvas available. In an effort to make this image available to almost anyone, Bryan even offered a poster of the painting. It was obvious that people would need and want something positive to remember these beautiful buildings and those who lost their lives in the attack. A limited number of these prints are still available.

On September 14, 2001, my husband Quent, wrote a profound letter to our friends, family and associates. The letter is posted on our web site just below the image of the painting. Each year, I read with pride the words that my husband so eloquently wrote. Thank you Bryan and Quent for giving us all something wonderfully positive to share with each other.

My goal is to circulate both the image and the letter around the world this week. The world needs more Rational Art and we aim to provide it. Feel free to blog, Tweet, e-mail or Facebook the link. We appreciate your assistance in getting this image to anyone who will benefit from seeing it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I love the art in your gallery. Thank you for posting them to your site. I drink them in when I need a release and I look forward to the day when I can purchase one of the works.

D.R.

Do you know about our QCFA wish list and our interest-free lay away plans? Both are fun ways to acquire the art you love and deserve to own. :)

Like most of us, I remember exactly where I was on 9/11. Living in Florida at the time, I was busy at work when someone came in into the office from the break room with the news. The rest of the day was spent watching in horror as the day's events unfolded.

Shortly before that tragic day, a wonderful artist named Bryan Larsen, completed a painting that featured a dashing young architect taking pride in his greatest masterpiece. In "A New Height" the World Trade Center is featured prominently in the painting. The original oil on linen was purchased very quickly, after which Bryan Larsen made a limited number of signed and numbered prints on canvas available. In an effort to make this image available to almost anyone, Bryan even offered a poster of the painting. It was obvious that people would need and want something positive to remember these beautiful buildings and those who lost their lives in the attack. A limited number of these prints are still available.

On September 14, 2001, my husband Quent, wrote a profound letter to our friends, family and associates. The letter is posted on our web site just below the image of the painting. Each year, I read with pride the words that my husband so eloquently wrote. Thank you Bryan and Quent for giving us all something wonderfully positive to share with each other.

My goal is to circulate both the image and the letter around the world this week. The world needs more Rational Art and we aim to provide it. Feel free to blog, Tweet, e-mail or Facebook the link. We appreciate your assistance in getting this image to anyone who will benefit from seeing it.

Your art has an up-beat quality to it. Are you, by nature, an optimist?

Bob Kolker

Awesome stuff! I will have to buy some of this when I get a chance!

I particulary enjoyed the Study for the Triumph of Icarus peice and Heroes. I beleive in the orginal legend he died for daring to reach so high....but I like this image of him a whole lot better.