Objectivism Online Forum

Podcast Suggestions?

Rate this topic

Tabitha

I commute several hours a week to work and have recently taken up listening to podcasts to pass the time. There are two great ones out there - Peikoff's questions and answers and one called "Talk Objectivism" - but I'm looking for more. They don't have to be Objectivst per se, but recommendations having to do with philosophy / critical thinking would be greatly appreciated. What do you listen to?

Edited by Tabitha

I commute several hours a week to work and have recently taken up listening to podcasts to pass the time. There are two great ones out there - Peikoff's questions and answers and one called "Talk Objectivism" - but I'm looking for more. They don't have to be Objectivst per se, but recommendations having to do with philosophy / critical thinking would be greatly appreciated. What do you listen to?

You might look at Diana Hsieh's Rationally Selfish Radio, and Greg Perkins' Objectivism Seminar. (Full disclosure: I'm an active participant in the latter.)

Guest Erik Martinsen

I'd recommend Secure Freedom Radio, Wall Street Unspun with Peter Schiff, Pat Condell's Godless Comedy, EconTalk, and The Disciplined Investor. All are available on iTunes.

Here are some good podcasts:

This Week In Tech (TWIT) Hosted by Leo Laporte from Tech TV weekly

CarCast: All about high performance cars hosted by Adam Carolla sporadic

The CATO institute Event podcast: While libertarian, still many very interesting and thought provoking topics. multiple times a week

The Penny Arcade Podcast: Video games and pop culture, very funny. An audio recording of Tycho and Gabe making their famous comic. sporadic

SModcast: Keven Smith and Scott Moser speak about random topics, always very very funny. You will be laughing out loud to this one. sporadic

The Onion Radio News: two minute fake news headlines daily

Stuff you missed in history Class: except for the last 5 which featured douchbag Jimmy Carter, A fascinating story about the life of someone you might not know from the pages of history. multiple times a week

You might look at Diana Hsieh's Rationally Selfish Radio, and Greg Perkins' Objectivism Seminar. (Full disclosure: I'm an active participant in the latter.)

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I will check each of these out. Regarding these two, do you know if/when they'll be available on itunes?

One podcast I'd like to suggest that I found on iTunes recently is Penn Jillete's hour-long radio show that he used to have in Las Vegas from roughly 2006 to around 2008.

Penn Jillete, the talkative half of the magic team Penn & Teller, is an atheist and libertarian. Much of his radio talk show was about those issues, with some funny stories about his show business career thrown in as well. Some of the podcasts include interviews with Richard Dawkins, James Randi, and the late Norman Borlaug.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I will check each of these out. Regarding these two, do you know if/when they'll be available on itunes?

I have no idea; you can email Greg and Diana and ask them if they have any plans along those lines. (I don't even know what would be required to do that.)

• 2 months later...