Objectivism Online Forum

Do Like This Apartment?

Rate this topic

Soulsurfer

No, if you were to use my standards, you wouldn't buy it. The closest I could come was Karlavägens Solsida, but the furnishings were horrid (lose the chandelier and the wallpaper); so I'm just talking about the physical structure. It looks nice and really architypically modern Swedish, but it's not me.

Brilliantly done, but likely very costly!

It looks very spacious, thought that's very hard to tell with photographs.

The kitchen looks very functional and efficient, with plenty of counter space. In fact, it looks efficient and functional from top to bottom. Except the spiral stair case. They may look nice, but they are a real pain in practice. Getting furniture up and down is not easy.

The art decor definitely has to be changed. It contrasts and takes away from the modern look. Perhaps some paintings of moon launches, and the like would fit better.

With a few changes, and if the price were right (doubtful), I'd strongly consider it. What else is on the market? :confused:

Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate them. However, since my wife didn't like it (she thought the poolroom was creepy, and the pool is very important to both of us -- it has to be sunlit), we'll go for something else on the market (still looking). Then, of course, the art decoration in that house was absolutely terrible.

I've checked out this apartment -- what do you think of it, according to your own estethic standards? (It is located in Stockholm, Sweden.) Should I buy it or not?

http://www.lagerlings.se/showImages.asp?id=477

I'd buy it. I'd change some things, though. For example, I couldn't have lunch knowing that there's a black monstrosity of a chandelier hanging over my head. And those things with eastern culture ornaments and icons would be second to leave the apartment (in a garbage truck most likely, unless someone offers a ridiculously high price for them on e-bay).