Objectivism Online Forum

Allen West for President

Rate this topic

I couldn't watch the video but in terms of his views on policy issues, Alan West appears to be very attractive in some areas and maybe not so attractive in others. He certainly seems to understand the threat posed by radical Islam and he's against the looming healthcare fiasco, so those are two very good reasons to support him.

It's hard to say whether he has the experience to be president. Then again, our current president has set the bar pretty damn low in that regard.... and in many other areas as well.

Edited by gags

It's hard to say whether he has the experience to be president.

For me, it's not so much the experience, as it is the track record. Before he can be deemed presidential material, he needs to prove himself, as a governor or member of Congress, through consistent action toward limited government. There are plenty of people who can give a nice speech, but they don't seem to also enact the ideas in those speeches consistently.

I couldn't watch the video but in terms of his views on policy issues, Alan West appears to be very attractive in some areas and maybe not so attractive in others. He certainly seems to understand the threat posed by radical Islam and he's against the looming healthcare fiasco, so those are two very good reasons to support him.

The crucial question isn't what the candidate opposes, it's what he supports. What's his positive agenda, and what reasons does he give for it?