Objectivism Online Forum

Tattoo Ideas

Rate this topic

CapitalistSwine

"I don't want to be scene. I want my tattoo to be scene." Branden talked about visibility as a key to human intimacy. A tattoo eliminates that entirely. Not every Catholic carries a 3 inch cross around their neck to show their devotion. If a dollar sign is too cliche to show your support for capitalism, maybe the McDonald's arch will suit you. Do you get what I mean?

Well said, from what I can tell the tattoo distorts the beauty of a human body, it jacks up and dims the lines and contour. Unless of course it's an ugly body..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just because I mispelled tattooed doesn't mean I was a hack.

(I'm texting all these profundities.)

I appreciate intellectualammo's desire to get tatted up, but I'm advising others to refrain from getting tattooes that can't be covered with just a long-sleeve shirt. I work in a restaurant, & every day I have to put makeup over my facial, neck, and hand tattooes.

Removing them is costly and takes months. So choose wisely. If something means enough to you that you wanna have it tattooed on your body. Cool, Man. I can dig it.

Now I'm putting an e in tattoos.

I've lost all credibility.

If you go to customdrawingsforonlyfortybucks.com I'll draw you up a one-of-a-kind design or a unique font I guarantee you'll like or your money back. I've never had an unsatisfied customer. (The drawings don't necessarily represent my philosophy or my sense of life.)