Objectivism Online Forum

How fast does this website load for you guys?

Rate this topic

DavidV

I'm curious to know how fast the website loads for all the users. I can't tell myself because it runs on my own pc and all my other internet connections are broadband anyway. It's probably too early for this question now, but I'd like to know how it loads when there are a number of people using it at the same time... What about the objectivismonline.net front page? Do the images take forever to show up?

• 1 year later...

My G3 running Safari and 2ghz PC running mozilla at home load fast as all get out over my cable modem network. At work I have to access the site through orangatango.com virtual browser with a dsl line and it loads plenty fast.

I access it from god know what kinda browser/line combo while on the road at various hotels. It loaded plenty fast but there was a great deal of "ghosting" of the buttons. Kind of like what Old Salt described in her post about the reply buttons. I think it has to do with the way that tv's present text that isn't specifically formatted for it. I know my company has had some issues with the way WebTV renderes text and buttons from our site to no avail. So it's not your issue but the bizzaro way tv's present text. But then that isn't really a load time issue but a render issue.

Overall, images are not a problem, just occastionally text (more specifaclly the text inside buttons) as mentioned above.

I'm curious to know how fast the website loads for all the users.  I can't tell myself because it runs on my own pc and all my other internet connections are broadband anyway. It's probably too early for this question now, but I'd like to know how it loads when there are a number of people using it at the same time... What about the objectivismonline.net front page?  Do the images take forever to show up?

Note that I asked that question a year and a half ago. Since then, I’ve implemented a number of optimizations to make the site pretty damn fast.

I would like to see screenshots of how this site looks like on different browsers, especially WebTV and the like.

Note that I asked that question a year and a half ago.  Since then, I’ve implemented a number of optimizations to make the site pretty damn fast.

I would like to see screenshots of how this site looks like on different browsers, especially WebTV and the like.

http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/MSNTVVwr.asp

No fee license BTW. It will make you realize how badly WebTV handles alot of stuff. I got used to using it in hotels so it isn't horribly bad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.