Objectivism Online Forum

Body Recomposition

Rate this topic

abanger

Ayn Rand remarked that in the history of philosophy she could only recommend "three A's"—Aristotle, Aquinas, and Ayn Rand. In physiology qua body recomposition, I can recommend "The Four Horsemen:"

1. Lyle McDonald: Generic Bulk, The Baseline Diet
  2. Alan Aragon: Girth Control
  3. Borge Fagerli: Myo-reps, The Fruit Diet
  4. Martin Berkhan: High Frequency Training, Intermittent Fasting

Note: This is an informative thread, not an argumentative one. I will not be engaging in debate.

I like Lyle. You do what he says and there's no reason (body recomp wise) to complicate it with things like IF.

If you IF because it's easier on you psychologically or your appetite patterns fit it, then go with it though.

Notably, none of the links you gave have experts in safely taking exogenous hormones, which is one of the most efficient ways to improve body composition. That along with taking uncouplers like 2,4 dinitrophenol.

Edited by ex_banana-eater

I like Lyle. You do what he says and there's no reason (body recomp wise) to complicate it with things like IF.

If you IF because it's easier on you psychologically or your appetite patterns fit it, then go with it though.

Notably, none of the links you gave have experts in safely taking exogenous hormones, which is one of the most efficient ways to improve body composition. That along with taking uncouplers like 2,4 dinitrophenol.

Anabolic Pharmacology by Seth Roberts