Objectivism Online Forum

Rand Mentioned in Article

Rate this topic

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/media/wall-street-apocalypse-finances-doom-and-gloom-crowd/19506748/

And apparently a book too. I haven't read the book so I don't know what all it says about her. But I find it odd that the author of the article assumes their are tons of Objectivists on Wall Street. I work in the finance industry and can tell you that's not the case.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/media/wall-street-apocalypse-finances-doom-and-gloom-crowd/19506748/

And apparently a book too. I haven't read the book so I don't know what all it says about her. But I find it odd that the author of the article assumes their are tons of Objectivists on Wall Street. I work in the finance industry and can tell you that's not the case.

Wow.

Every day what passes for journalism seems to hit a new low.

The article would still be bad as an op-ed, but passing it as journalism in just silly.

Regarding the assumption that there are so many Objectivists on Wall Street... I think that just comes from the general contempt that people have for philosophy, facts, reason and real journalism. To read Ayn Rand don't not make one an Objectivist any more than my frequent readings of the Stoics, the Bible or the works of Japanese philosophers make me a stoic, a Christian or Shinto.