Objectivism Online Forum

Citizen versus left-fascist Congressman

Rate this topic

It is encouraging how she correctly articulated the argument. She mentioned how a right to healthcare would presuppose an obligation on someone else, thereby violating rights (and, she says, making them a slave).

I wasn't around during most of Any Rand's life, but is it possible that more people (as a percentage of the population) have a better understanding of what rights are?

Edited by freestyle

I'm not sure whether I'm happy these politicians are now so honestly expressing their philosophies, or frightened that they feel emboldened to do so.

At any rate, I hope there are more people like that questioner. Intelligent, well prepared, and dogmatic.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether I'm happy these politicians are now so honestly expressing their philosophies, or frightened that they feel emboldened to do so.

I think what's going on is that they expect to be marginalized for another generation after the next election so they are exploiting this last opportunity to act out their pent up authoritarian fantasies.

There's another townhall video with a musclebound union thug staring down an old lady.

Edited by Mister A

It is encouraging how she correctly articulated the argument. She mentioned how a right to healthcare would presuppose an obligation on someone else, thereby violating rights (and, she says, making them a slave).

one guy remarked that in a civilized society thats called shared responsibility.