Objectivism Online Forum

Quent Cordair Fine Art - September Gallery update

Rate this topic

Linda

Absolutely brilliant. I am always saddened by the fact that the only way I could afford to have these adorn my walls is if they were in posters rather than just the custom-framed linen/canvas prints. Keep up the good work!

Edited by CapitalistSwine

CapitalistSwine:

I've done a ton of business with Quent Cordair Fine Arts and can unhesitatingly recommend them.

There is at least one work available as a poster print: http://www.cordair.com/larsen/anewheight.php (scroll down, it's $45).

Also note that actual prints are generally much less expensive than the originals (I can't tell from the context whether or not you know this; I don't think any prints show up in the updates and I don't know whether or not you looked past the update). Here is a webpage listing available prints: http://www.cordair.com/prints.htm. In my experience prints (other than the poster print) range from ~400 to ~2000 dollars. On my thoroughly middle class income I was able to cover quite a bit of wallspace relatively quickly.

Also, you can cut your initial investment by ordering the print unframed, and getting the framing done yourself. (This saves on shipping too.) You can simply get the canvas stretched without framing. Then you can hang it on the wall and enjoy it even if it has no frame. (I have an original Gaetano with no frame at present.) However, you have to find a framer in your area who knows what they are doing (this applies to both the stretching and the framing). Avoid the chains (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Aaron Brothers, etc.) at all costs!! I finally settled on two places near me that I alternate between.

Hope this helps--you may be better able to afford this sort of thing than you realize!

Thanks for all of the information Steve. My main barrier is that I am a poor college student so I cannot really justify decorative elements for my living space that are past $40-50 a picture (a good size poster essentially). I was unaware there was any poster prints at all however so thank you for linking me to one of them, I will take a look. I really love this stuff and wish there were more artist "groups" doing it.

Edited by CapitalistSwine

My quibble on this issue's showing is this 'retro' of imitating classical as a means of expression... that strikes me as lacking in imagination, certainly universalness... far better to have nudes, where it is timeless, or at least within contemporary clothing styles... [am speaking specifically in this case of Larsen's works]

Edited by anonrobt

My quibble on this issue's showing is this 'retro' of imitating classical as a means of expression... that strikes me as lacking in imagination, certainly universalness... far better to have nudes, where it is timeless, or at least within contemporary clothing styles... [am speaking specifically in this case of Larsen's works]

HUH?

I just felt the need to reiterate what Dkur has stated already:

HUH?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, we are loving life in Napa and as a result it has been a while since we have posted a gallery update.

Your wait is finally over. Enjoy a dose of Romantic Realism today and share it with your friends!

http://tinyurl.com/2bvnus4

Let me know what you think. =)

"the rise of man" is the background for my iphone, I love these paintings