Objectivism Online Forum

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Rate this topic

Presty7

15 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the game?

I like the game but I suggest those that want to play it on PC wait at least a few more weeks. They half-assed the PC version and it might not even be playable for you (even if you surpass recommended settings) until they get some patches out. I have minor lag but its playable. Some people are having game-breaking lag/stuttering though due to a memory leak or /we. A lot of people with 2-4 cores are having their processing power being used up to 80-90% whenever they run the game. IW still makes the better COD games though, imho, having played since COD1. Battlefield 3 should blow black ops out of the water though.

There are no communist nations, my friend. Learn your communizms. The game looks really really good though.

My apologies, I meant nations that have adopted communism as their "official" philosophy, so to speak. I didn't really think I'd need to explain it that well.

There are some things I like about the game, and some things I don't. All my comments are related to the Multiplayer side of the game on the 360. At the top of the "don't like" category, I think the sound is horrible. in MW2, sounds were very helpful in playing the game and locating threats in close proximity... not so much in CoD:BO. The "feel" is slightly different than MW and MW2. Lastly, the maps aren't as tightly designed in my opinion. On the "like" side; contracts, theater mode, wager games, and the money system.

Edited by RationalBiker

There are some things I like about the game, and some things I don't. All my comments are related to the Multiplayer side of the game on the 360. At the top of the "don't like" category, I think the sound is horrible. in MW2, sounds were very helpful in playing the game and locating threats in close proximity... not so much in CoD:BO. The "feel" is slightly different than MW and MW2. Lastly, the maps aren't as tightly designed in my opinion. On the "like" side; contracts, theater mode, wager games, and the money system.

Same on the PS3. I loved to "soundwhore" as it were. This game makes it impossible normally, and only a little less impossible with Ninja Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

I will prestige today and can say that I finally am really beginning to appreciate the game. Coming from MW2, I shared a lot of the same frustrations as Rational Biker. However, now that I have put some significant time into it, I have begun to appreciate Black Ops as a different style, as opposed to inferior, COD. Then again, I only play multiplayer hardcore mode.

Btw, my gt is VcatoV (keeping it simple heh) for the 360 if anyone is down to play.