Objectivism Online Forum

introduction

Rate this topic

Hi. I am a recent high school graduate who is currently dedicating himself 100% to pursue his dream of owning a resource company. So far one of my proudest moments in life is when i wrote a manifesto for my senior project. The book was printed and circulated to many students in my school.

I find the hardest part of being an objectivist is relationships. Everybody seems so empty. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi, Danny. :) Welcome to the forum. Would you mind clarifying for me what exactly a resource company is? What kinds of resources? Any chance you may show us that manifesto? We like seeing people's productive achievements around here and have a whole section of the forum dedicated to the display of these things. As for relationships, yeah, I know how that is. Friendships generally are a little easier to find light ones you can make work just fine, but it can be rare to find ones that can be very deep and satisfying. When you do get those kinds of really good friendships too, it can still be hard sometimes when you may know they're doing things that are hurting them, but they only get upset with you and push you away if you try to help. Depending on if you do or do not end up being one of those people who really needs a fellow supporter of Objectivism for romance, that could get even much more difficult to find suitable partners for. The payoff when things do work out though is worth it. You'll tend to get much more bang for your buck in your relations with others than most people do because of how carefully selective you were about who you invest yourself in.

Hi, Danny. :) Welcome to the forum. Would you mind clarifying for me what exactly a resource company is? What kinds of resources? Any chance you may show us that manifesto? We like seeing people's productive achievements around here and have a whole section of the forum dedicated to the display of these things. As for relationships, yeah, I know how that is. Friendships generally are a little easier to find light ones you can make work just fine, but it can be rare to find ones that can be very deep and satisfying. When you do get those kinds of really good friendships too, it can still be hard sometimes when you may know they're doing things that are hurting them, but they only get upset with you and push you away if you try to help. Depending on if you do or do not end up being one of those people who really needs a fellow supporter of Objectivism for romance, that could get even much more difficult to find suitable partners for. The payoff when things do work out though is worth it. You'll tend to get much more bang for your buck in your relations with others than most people do because of how carefully selective you were about who you invest yourself in.

My company would produce natural resources. I would mostly be involved in mining. I am spending this summer working a gold claim in southern Oregon. From there i wish to keep expanding. Ultimately i would like to own the largest company of its type, but obviously that's years in the future.

I would like to post my manifesto, but the jump drive it is on is currently out of state. I'll post it as soon as i get it.

As far as relationships are concerned I only have two friends. One is 100% dedicated to his dream of becoming a professional bodybuilder. The other is a Mormon, but i believe the reason i like him is because he has near flawless integrity. Romantic relationships are near impossible. I have yet to find a girl i could see myself actually being in a relationship with, but as long as i can keep doing what i love (business) I'll survive without one.

Edited by danny987

My company would produce natural resources. I would mostly be involved in mining. I am spending this summer working a gold claim in southern Oregon. From there i wish to keep expanding. Ultimately i would like to own the largest company of its type, but obviously that's years in the future.

I would like to post my manifesto, but the jump drive it is on is currently out of state. I'll post it as soon as i get it.

As far as relationships are concerned I only have two friends. One is 100% dedicated to his dream of becoming a professional bodybuilder. The other is a Mormon, but i believe the reason i like him is because he has near flawless integrity. Romantic relationships are near impossible. I have yet to find a girl i could see myself actually being in a relationship with, but as long as i can keep doing what i love (business) I'll survive without one.

Ah, mining. Oregon, huh? I know some people who live there. They keep telling me it's so great and that I should move there. :P Nice to hear you're ambitious about this. I hope it goes well. As for the manifesto, alright, no rush.

I have two best friends myself that I'm very close to who I've known since second grade and preschool. It's hard to come across such people and I seem to just have largely lucked out I found those two when I did. I've only met one other person I made that good a friendship with other then them and that was recent and short lived, sad to say. I hope the friendships you do have you can hang onto well and that there will be more where that came from. As for the romance difficulty, well, on the bright side you've got plenty of time to look around still. Though I know what you mean about being unable to find serious prospects. I've only ever thought I found three of such, but was wrong in all cases, misjudged things. At least you seem to be handling the difficulty pretty well though. Better than I can, I get downright distraught over the whole thing. :P

Edited by bluecherry