Objectivism Online Forum

Another Teen Objectivist

Rate this topic

Hi new here im 17 trapped in fundieland USA (alabama) Im basically surrounded by intellectually dead conformists. Im not going to start a long rant(i will if you want me too :dough: )

I first heard of objectivity from the infidel guy forums. I can relate to reginald, sometimes i feel like the only black atheist on the planet!

i have read simple discriptions of the objectivist philosophy but would like a detail one

also was ayn rand a strong atheist or weak atheist?

Hi there! I took a quick look over the Infidel Guy website you referred to, and it brought back a lot of old memories. I'm also 17, and I can tell you that revoking religion and resisting "conformity" is the easy part; replacing it with something is quite another task indeed. If you don't, you'll become what's called a Michael Shermer - you'll ignore philosophy and jump straight to science.

I'm glad you're interested in a more detailed description of Objectivism, because on the surface it can look deceptively simple - even prompting one to call themselves an Objectivist before learning about it :dough: It's a long and arduous journey, which I have only begun, but already I look back on my past, when I flirted with transhumanism, libertarianism, and secular humanism, and remember what happens when philosophy is given the back seat.

liche321,

If you have not read Atlas Shrugged, make your start there.

I think it is better to have read that book and establish it as a context for any exploration into non-fiction such as Leonard Peikoff's "Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand" (The first link that Lord Poppycock provided).