Objectivism Online Forum

I am new.

Rate this topic

Hello. My name is Jeff Cooper and I am new to Objectivism. I recently read "Anthem", which started my journey in search of information on Ayn Rand and her philosophy. I don't consider myself a deep thinker or philosophizer; I am just searching for answers that reinforce my core beliefs: capitalism, limited government, and freedom from the "herd" mentality that is prevalent in today's society.

Welcome to the forum.

My unsolicited suggestion is not to seek answers that reinforce your beliefs, but to seek answers that turn beliefs into knowledge based on facts - there is a significant distinction between the two. Hopefully what you believe now will be validated, but do not ignore facts or knowledge that challenges what you may believe.

Welcome to the forum.

My unsolicited suggestion is not to seek answers that reinforce your beliefs, but to seek answers that turn beliefs into knowledge based on facts - there is a significant distinction between the two. Hopefully what you believe now will be validated, but do not ignore facts or knowledge that challenges what you may believe.

Thank you for the advise.

• 1 month later...