Objectivism Online Forum

A Wiki subforum

Rate this topic

I really think the wiki should have its own little subforum in the forum. That way, people will probably participate more. And the moderators could compile the best input in the official wiki.

Here is what I suggest:

Formulations of common questions regarding Objectivism. Each question has its own thread. Then have a contest for best answer (according to objective criteria) -- we could vote in a separate thread after a while.

If there is a way to automatically create a forum post for every wiki topic addition or modification, this would drive a lot of interest.

If the wiki package can't easily be integrated with this forum package, an RSS feed or email subscription option would help.

I think creating forum posts is overkill. I just added recent changes to the main site: http://ObjectivismOnline.com/

The Wiki also has rss and atom feeds.

We need a better way to promote Wiki content, but I haven't figured out how yet.

We need a better way to promote Wiki content, but I haven't figured out how yet.

One suggestion is for people to get in the habit of adding links to the Wiki when there's a discussion that touches on e.g. "concept" or "rights" (assuming that there's a substantial issue about what concepts are or where rights come from). If there were a link (in the Enter your Post area) where you could open a separate window to consult the Wiki, that might encourage more use of it as a resource in posts. Assuming that what I described is reasonably doable.