Objectivism Online Forum

Performance Update

Rate this topic

The 502 messages in chat seem to be related, somehow, to using double quotes (") in chat. I've noticed messages like that showing higher latency or being dropped altoghether in favor of 502 warnings. Just now I posted something with quotes in it.. it went through after a delay but I got four 502 messages out of the blue (usually they happen after you type something that gets eaten)

No, caching doesnt explain anything that has happened since CF was disabled, it is essentially the same and I did a total OS reinstall recently. Though, the problems seem to be virtually nonexistent ( I did seem to get a CF error after it was apparently disabled though...that was a bit unexpected).

As for the double quotes and the 502 messages being related : I used to use them A LOT ion the chat and I never had any issues with it. Other people somtimes used them and I do not know if any issues they had ( they might not have told me of course). Sure, that does not really prove it that is not them, but perhaps something to suggest that it is not them or is at least partially a problem on your end ( could not imagine what it might be...).

• 4 weeks later...

CloudFlare error for me today when I tried clicking through using the new posts page. I refreshed successfully after a minute. Then another CloudFlare error when I first tried to post this using quick reply, but worked using full reply.