Objectivism Online Forum

Korea, Uzbekistan Agree on Resource Development

Rate this topic

crazybear

200335855.jpg

On the second leg of his Central Asia tour, President Lee Myung-bak met with his Uzbek counterpart Islam Karimov in Tashkent on Tuesday. They agreed to develop natural resources worth US$4.16 billion.

The agreement envisages developing the Surgil gas field near the Aral Sea, which has a deposit of 130 billion cubic meters of natural gas -- equivalent to 96 million tons of liquefied natural gas or 830 million barrels of crude oil -- and building a gas and chemicals plant.

Lee leaves Uzbekistan for Kazakhstan on Wednesday.

Many countries started Energy & Source diplomacy for future. sometimes, i think, could the energy war really be happened in the future?

We can violate all of the international rules for energy? I wonder how long this like cooperation can keep going.

200335855.jpg

On the second leg of his Central Asia tour, President Lee Myung-bak met with his Uzbek counterpart Islam Karimov in Tashkent on Tuesday. They agreed to develop natural resources worth US$4.16 billion.

The agreement envisages developing the Surgil gas field near the Aral Sea, which has a deposit of 130 billion cubic meters of natural gas -- equivalent to 96 million tons of liquefied natural gas or 830 million barrels of crude oil -- and building a gas and chemicals plant.

Lee leaves Uzbekistan for Kazakhstan on Wednesday.

Many countries started Energy & Source diplomacy for future. sometimes, i think, could the energy war really be happened in the future?

?We can violate all of the international rules for energy? I wonder how long this like cooperation can keep going.

I'm not sure if English isn't your first language, or if you just use poor syntax, but I couldn't quite understand your question. I'll try to make out what I can.

sometimes, i think, could the energy war really be happened in the future?

Can an "Energy War" happen in the future? Sure it can. I'm not into predicting the future, but natural resources have been central to many wars throughout history, so more wouldn't be surprising.

We can violate all of the international rules for energy?

I don't know what these rules are, or would be. Do you mean trade agreements or resource development contracts, or what?

I wonder how long this like cooperation can keep going.

So long as the nations in question benefit from such cooperation, it will 'keep going'.

Again, if English isn't your first language, I apologize. :thumbsup:

Edited by WilliamColton