Objectivism Online Forum

Suggestion: Simplify to Fewer Subforums

Rate this topic

I really enjoy oo.net and it's the only Objectivism forum I will visit. Even though I don't post a whole lot I enjoy reading much of the posts. And while I'm at it I'll say I really like the new updated skin style, it's a lot more sleak and easy on the eyes.

Something that has always bothered me though is the huge amount of highly niche subforums. Some of which overlap in their category. Just trying to figure out where is best to post a new topic can be confusing. I think that the main "philosophy" sections and its forums are fine. But for example, the "current events" subforums are all very closely related and might benefit from just becoming "news" or something similar.

Just a suggestion which might streamline things a bit and leave less untouched subforums.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've thought about this a few times, but have never figured out what hierarchy would work well: i.e. offering just the right level of breaking things down. To me, the perfect solution would be for someone to propose a great new structure of sub-forums, including a "mapping" saying which old forum's posts would be copied into which new one. If you have some specific thoughts in this direction -- complete new structure or just a few tweaks -- feel free to post them here. Of course, this is open to anyone else with good ideas too.

Edited by softwareNerd