Objectivism Online Forum

Jonathan13's concern with the moderators

Rate this topic

* * Mod Note: Split from separate topic per user report * *

Jonathan13, on 28 September 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

If I publicly request that others send me copies of the most insulting and abusive messages that they've received from moderators, will the owners and moderators here give me permission to post them publicly?

No, of course not!

Yeah, that's what I thought. From what I've seen, it's quite understandable why moderators here wouldn't want evidence of their behavior made public.

J

Edited by brian0918

Or maybe SN doesn't feel that it is okay to share private messages (emphasis on ''private'') publicly?

He definitely has reason to feel that his private messages in his role as moderator should not see the light of day.

Anyway, I don't remember signing any agreements stating that I wouldn't publicly post any communications that moderators have had with me. I won't post them publicly here without permission, just out of courtesy and generosity, but, after seeing the viciousness of the content of moderators' messages that have now been sent to me by others, I may consider either publicly posting excerpts in other forums, or saving them as a collection and making them available privately to any interested parties.

J

I may consider either publicly posting excerpts in other forums

You mean like ObjectivistLiving? So which is it - are these "vicious" attacks, or are they "quite comical"? Are they "insulting and abusive", or "the equivalent of being banned from some kids' tree house"?

Edited by brian0918

You mean like ObjectivistLiving? So which is it - are these "vicious" attacks, or are they or "quite comical"? Are they "insulting and abusive", or "the equivalent of being banned from some kids' tree house"?

All of the above. The viciousness, abusiveness and authoritarian self-importance is comical. It's very much like watching kids feeling powerful by banning others from their tree house.

J

I have to ask, do you have the messages from the offended parties which may show behavior that might have precipitated the allegedly offensive responses? I'm not saying it necessarily justifies any given moderator response, but it's been my experience that many people who leave here in a tizzy also displayed very anti-social behavior prior to the moderator(s) unloading on them.

I have to ask, do you have the messages from the offended parties which may show behavior that might have precipitated the allegedly offensive responses? I'm not saying it necessarily justifies any given moderator response, but it's been my experience that many people who leave here in a tizzy also displayed very anti-social behavior prior to the moderator(s) unloading on them.

Some of the examples that I have involve some anger coming from both sides, but there are also examples in which people were being very polite in disagreeing with moderators or in merely asking what they had done.

J

The fact that you haven't been banned yet speaks to the tolerance of the moderators here. What exactly are you contributing except stirring shit?

Wow. I and others have had our posts deleted for much less than what is apparently acceptable for you to say.

Anyway, if you're actually interested in what I've contributed, I'd suggest that you read my posts, especially those on the subject of aesthetics. I've probably contributed more depth and originality of thought here on the subjects of aesthetics and visual art from an Objectivist perspective than all of the people associated with the ARI combined have contributed anywhere.

J

Edited by Jonathan13