Objectivism Online Forum

Anyone have an extra G-mail Invitation?

Rate this topic

Praxus

I don't trust this guy. You don't need to post your email address in the forum, especially to a person with a single post.

As for being a person who has not posted anything else to the forum, that is because I have been reading the forum for a while and studying things before I felt confident enough to post.

I do not expect anyone to trust meIt . I asked for the email address in "good faith", because I myself post my email on various newsgroups and the only consequence of misuse is that I get unneccessary advertisements emailed to me.

is not as if I asked Praxus for his phone number, or postal address, or credit card number or SSN. Surely this is less egregious than other posts on this forum that suggest people buy gold from strangers!

If Praxus does not want to be spammed, then he can take two possible precautions.

Either, he could post his email in a way that makes it difficult for automatic "email harvesters" that scan forums. So he could give his address something like this: PraxusAT_REMOVE_SPAM_DETERRENT_hot_REMOVE_mail_DOT_com

Or, if he wants to be extra careful, he can easily set up a new email account at Hotmail or Yahoo or at some other free service, and post that. That way, he uses the email address one time to receive my invite, and then forgets about it.

The other humor in this is the an "ex Banana Eater" is challenging a "Java Drinker". (I'm an ex banana eater myself. :) )

My offer of invites remains for anyone who is not afraid to post an email address to the forum.

You probably haven't noticed the Personal Message feature yet. You can communicate privately with other forum members by pressing the "PM" button (the third one from the left in the row of buttons under each post). So there is no need to ask them to post their e-mail addresses publicly, you can simply ask them to PM it to you.

BTW, I do have a couple of gmail invites too, if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...