Objectivism Online Forum

"Rapture", a Documentary by Scott Burdick

Rate this topic

brianleepainter

Artist Scott Burdick, who is also critical of religion, decided to follow the Judgment Day group, filming their supposed last three days before rapture:

http://www.youtube.c...u/1/5TnzCmOyTyk

"When I heard about the Christian group that was traveling the country to alert people to the coming end of the world on May 21st, 2011, I was so interested that I decided to travel along with them for the last three days of the world -- May 18,19, and 20th.

This 30 minute video is made up of experts of those three days. I really liked all the people I met and hope you won't view them as a group of crazies, because they are very kind and well-meaning people.

At one time or another, all of us have gotten caught up in beliefs that proved incorrect, be it a religion or just a destructive relationship, so I hope others can use this as a way of turning the critical lens on ourselves, rather than simply scoffing at anther's mistakes. This was certainly the case for myself. I feel I learned a great deal from these people and thank them for inviting me into their lives for those three days."

-Scott Burdick

I think it was well done, showing the power and consequence of ideas.

Edit: Several individuals held to their religious beliefs, ending their jobs and businesses to warn people of the rapture.

Edited by brianleepainter