Objectivism Online Forum

The John Galt Line Train Set

Rate this topic

intellectualammo

I had an idea.

I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in a The John Galt Line train set. One could make the Taggart Tunnel, Readen Metal Bridge, Readen Metal tracks, Taggart Transcontental, you can have models of Wyatt Oil, 20th Century Motors, make a Galt's Gultch perhaps, all kinds of things one could add to a layout, I would imagine. Signs, decals, small items like that, where you can put them on or in front of a train, station, industry, manufacturing structures you already have or can buy, into what you think they might look like from the novel, etc.

I bet something like that might sell to model train enthusiasts, not to downply AS, but I mean the novel/movie deals with trains afterall, but even to those that just love the novel/film, too. They might not buy all the hoopla, but maybe just parts, pieces, section of a train, etc.

So what do you think?

Wonder how much and who to go to to get something like this going? I know almost NOTHING about Model Railroading, but I just thought this is a cool idea.

Edited by intellectualammo

I used to work next door to a model train shop in Pinellas Park, FL, and they have train shows twice a year outside free to the general public. On my lunch break I would go over there and check it out and also thought at the time this would be a cool idea while checking them out. I suppose that to a very niche market this would be profitable assuming of course you got the appropriate licensing from ARI.