Objectivism Online Forum

Greetings

Rate this topic

Greetings.

Real name is Dan. the posted name is, outside a great Black Sabbath song, reflects a combination of ideas in how I have to work with others in business plus how other people treat my views. Being a student of Objectivism seems to get a combination of confused reactions, but I'm sure you are use to that. Personally, I like the image of builder since that how people should live combined with the chaotic culture that results from the views others attempt to live. Simply put, to succeed one must first rip down the mess one finds oneself in before you bring purpose to the project. As a manager it is an apt metaphor to get the job properly and not half-way.

That leads to my passions, one being basic philosophy applied to business and management/leadership. The field is a wasteland in objective views so I've made it my mission to try and reinvent the field from the ground up. Some day I'll get around to writing up reviews on the many existing books since the shelf at the book store is filled with the good, the bad, and the very ugly. In fact that movie would be better than most of the books.

I also love music (many kinds but obviously hard rock and metal which I consider the sound of the industrial revolution), sci-fi, ideas, kayaking and camping, reading, and working with people (I do a lot of training which is a joy when done rationally).

I've worked in the trucking industry for almost 20 years, from truck driver to vice president with many jobs inbetween, and currently started over after some personal and professional revaluing due to the market. That is another post. Today I'm a trainer and safety instructor for a divison of a major truck company.

You can see it was easy for someone to hand me Atlas Srugged all those years ago and get me to read it.

Interesting website here with lots of great posts. I'm looking forward to the discussion here!