Objectivism Online Forum

Looking for an Atlas Shrugged quote to use in cover letter

Rate this topic

happiness

There a quote from AS that I want to use for a cover letter I'm writing to an employer who is a pro-capitalist ideologue. It's a statement by one of Hank Rearden's employees to Rearden; it's something to the effect of: "it's not me vs. you, but us vs. them." Does anyone know where this quote can be found or exactly what it is? If I can't find it, would be it be inappropriate for me to repeat the sentiment in my own words without crediting the source?

As an employer I wouldn't suggest using quotes like that in a cover letter anyway. Your cover letter and CV are supposed to represent you and your experience in your own words. A better place to slip in such a reference would be during the actual interview should you get one, or in a questionairre that asks personal things such as favorite authours, quotes, etc.

Or, you can be subtle, as I was once when I was young and there was only one place in the world I wanted to work and I knew the owner was a Rand fan- I sent all my correspondences to him using the Ayn Rand pastage stamps. I was told later how much that touch pleased him.