Objectivism Online Forum

Intro

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I'm Adrian, a 24 y.o. chick from Boston. I'm a student at Boston University studying computer systems engineering, and have been interested in philosophy, in particular Oism, for a long time.

I also have extensive experience with internet applications and would be very interested in helping out with the site and/or moderating. I'm proficient in Perl, C, C++, Java, and VB and comfortable with PHP and Python. For operating systems I'm most experienced with Linux (Red Hat and Debian) and FreeBSD, but also am comfortable with most MS flavors, in particular NT Server and Win2K Server and Advanced Server.

Just let me know if I can be of any help.

ac

Hi Adrian!

Check out the position's I've outlined here.

I don't urgently need any more features (unless you want suggest some) -- but the website certainly needs more people, so I'm looking with all the help I can get with promoting it.

In case you have any ideas, I'm not satisfied with the hosting solution . The website is running on my own desktop, which seems to be fine as far as acces is concerned, but it's running on port 8080 in apache because WinXP IIS will only support up to 10 people at a time. This means that the website has to run withing a frame to prevent people from seeing "http://www.rationalmind.net:8080/forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=9&t=23" as the real URL. I would get rid of IIS, but I also host several sites in ASP and my homepage in .Net, so I can't really switch everything to Apache.

Ideas? Or do you think it's fine the way it is?