Objectivism Online Forum

Checking Premises . ORG Statements and My Position

Rate this topic

You've certainly have a point that I cannot prove that ARI removed DH's OList listing a few months ago due to her continued conflict with Peikoff through those being free to write against him on those forums. ARI didn't come out with an official statement, they just removed the listing without comment.

So you're just spreading unsubstantiated rumors, even after I stated what I heard directly about the matter from people with authority at ARI?!? Sheesh.

Also, my OLists have never served as venues for anyone's "conflict with Peikoff," nor for writings "against him." At most, on rare occasion, someone might mention that they disagree with him on some topic. That's it.

Moderators -- Thomas has repeatedly posted false and defamatory claims about me on this thread. Even when he's called on them, he doesn't show any signs of taking more care in the future, as one would expect. Might you do something about that? Can he be asked not to post anything further about me to OO? (Sorry to make this request here, but I don't know how else I'd ask for help with this matter. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] to speak about it further.)

Considering your inability to think past the level of a sound-bite, you are quite free to ignore me. But her OList being delisted wasn't for the same reason as her FRO delisting of her name, from what I can tell from a few people who have direct contact with ARI / Dr. Peikoff.

From what you can tell? Then do tell! Where have you gotten your information? How can it be verified by disinterested parties? Why are you the only one saying these things? Is OO off-limits to the people with the evidence? No sanctioning the sanctioners of sanctioners allowed? Serves this place right for ignoring Mark K’s repeated demands that I be banned!

From the Forum Rules

Courtesy

Participants agree not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of U.S. law.

I think 'inaccurate' and 'harassing' can be checked off from that list. In my judgement he does not post 'knowingly false' statements merely that he recklessly commits to, and then rushes to put in writing, his first impressions.

He should not be banned. At least here he engages with people critical of his positions and revises his thinking but if he were to be banned how would that happen? also, OO.net is more open than Facebook messaging or Google+ circles, it is partly valuable because it is not an echo chamber of people who think alike on every issue.