Objectivism Online Forum

Favorite Words?

Rate this topic

This really has no significance, I'm just curious and words get me hot. :P

What are some your favorite words to say, based on the way they sound and the way they feel rolling off the tongue?

One of mine is litany. It's very melodic and easy. Tinkling is another, though I'm not sure why. But my all-time favorite word to say and hear: cusp. The combination of sounds is almost too much for such a short word, but it still sounds amazing.

Anyone else? Or am I the only weird person who thinks about these things?

Charming topic. My most favorite word to speak is French, peut-être, pronounced "puh-tet-ruh" You almost don't need your vocal chords; push out the puh (oh so lightly, don't spit it out!); start the tet with a sharp te and quickly cut it off with another sharp, staccato t; and finally, directly from the last t, airily roll out the ruh with the back of your tongue.

I love speaking French in general. The nasally vowels in words like sont and plupart cause the whole length of my sonorous apparatus, from the top of the sinuses down to the diaphragm, to resonate pleasantly. I do wish I'd've kept up studying it. The best I can do now is read the French portion of some stereo instructions out loud, and it's an embarassingly guilty pleasure.