Objectivism Online Forum

QCFA art on youtube

Rate this topic

intellectualammo

I was clicking around on youtube listening to music, and suddenly I typed in 'quent cordair fine art' I thought, hell, I wonder if anyone set music to a slide show of the art, and low and behold, better, I found these and several more. No idea who the uploader is (http://www.youtube.c...g?feature=watch), but the music is a nice touch, as well as seeing the art moving to get a better handle on the piece at different angles:

Isn't it awesome seeing them like that? Them in motion like that? Never saw the art displayed like that, and I want to see more. What about you guys? You like? Know of more vids, do tell, or post here please.

Edited by intellectualammo

That is very awesome, though the song choice for Icarus doesn't seem right to me. Although that might be thanks to it being used in so many other medias.

Bach's Toccata I think would be an example of 'absolute music', where there is no context or intentional meaning behind it. I guess it carries a certain connotation associated with it, from how we have heard it contextualized some simply by being played in the backgrounds of film, commercials, or what have you. We bring that to the piece which it doesn't have on it's own.

If one looks at what Toccata is, since that really all we have to work with since it does have titlling, what do we gather? Well a tocatto is described as a virtuoso piece, shows off the skill of the the performer, ' emphasizing the dexterity of the performer's fingers'. What is also known is that this is one of the most well known among in organ work repetoire. So perhaps this piece was chosen as it shows off the skill of the virtuoso, as the art piece shows off the skill of Carpenter.

Anyways, I wonder if QCFA Gallery would consider adding videos that display their works much like this to their site, or to a youtube account? (unless they already do, I don't know)

Their themed displays, holiday, seasonal, or whatever would be nice to see in video, instead of just a pic. A pic of a pianting is one thing, but of sculpture I'd rather see in video. I bet they could get creative with scenery, music, light, and it would be awesome. We could link and embed them all over the place, great promotional thing for them, in that sense of it. Depending upon the size and weight of an art piece, they could shop for Electric Revolving Base's for mannequins, I was thinking about getting one for mine at one time, but anyways:

http://buystoreshelv...equin/index.htm

There might be other ways of setting them in motion like that, too, but I having looked much further into that. But regardless, look at the result of doing it with QCFA gallery art? Yeah. Need I say anymore?

I suspect either Quent or Linda put these out on Youtube. Some (if not all) you can see on their facebook page. Also for those who like sculpture like this you can buy through QCFA the pedestals you see here with the motorized motion. I think it adds tremendously to the sculpture.

I suspect either Quent or Linda put these out on Youtube. Some (if not all) you can see on their facebook page. Also for those who like sculpture like this you can buy through QCFA the pedestals you see here with the motorized motion. I think it adds tremendously to the sculpture.

Oh great! I would want to buy one of the pedestals for a scupture, for sure.

Let me go check out their facebook page.

If they are behind the youtubes, then I would like to encourage way more of them! Who's with me? B)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for discovering my gallery videos which are a work in progress. I have been posting the videos to our Facebook page to see what kind of reaction they receive. So far it has been very positive. The eventual plan is to have them on the QCFA (www.cordair.com) web site as well, but I want to work on making them much better before I do. RIght now I am experimenting with back drops, lighting, editing and the limited amount of music choices that are appropriate and currently available on You Tube. Don't worry, there will be more and they will get even better as I learn more about the process. I am very glad that you are enjoying them in the mean time, despite some of the challenges and wrinkles that I am still working on. I will be moving them from my personal You Tube page to a Quent Cordair Fine Art You Tube page as time permits.

That being said, If you enjoy the gallery, one of the most helpful things that you can do for us is to share our links and images on Facebook with your friends. You can also use our new "share" buttons that appear on the left side and bottom of every page at www.cordair.com to help others discover our sunlit world. The more people who know about our gallery the better off and more motivated our artists will be to continue to create such uplifting and inspirational work. :)

Thanks for your help and please let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist you.

Hi Linda!

Thanks for the response and putting me in the know.

I must say, you're still so genuinely nice to me, like you were when we met at the opening night of Monna Vanna in Hollywood.

When I listen to music on various forums I'm on, I can embed your vids, kind of like ambush marketing. LOL! When art discussion comes up, I plug QCFA.

RIght now I am experimenting with back drops, lighting, editing and the limited amount of music choices that are appropriate and currently available on You Tube.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind any songs to consider, or suggestions on what you can try to do in videos with the art there.

Just to give you an example of two musical backgrounds that might fit perhaps, this is Nicos Hatzopoulos on violin, from a Buddha Bar comp, titled Secret Love:

And just to give you another example, the following would be nice, because it's just a still, so most of the effort is concentrated on what music one may play in the background, this would be great for drawings, paintings, have a slide show of say Bryan Larson set to various music, if you tag it right, you can even try to use certain music that may come up in searches, which would bring them to your art, placing 'watermarks' or whatever like 'cordair.com' soemthing like that in the video itself, is good way of advertising, all without much expense and has potential to go viral, etc.

Buddha Bar - Love from Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyGFoH5Aq5k&feature=related

(youtube has been acting up, so you might see an "!" sign where my vids are embedded in posts, they are embedded correctly, it's just that sometimes that happens)

The music choices on You Tube are limited. I'll have to fugure out how to import other options and explore the royaltes. Thanks for the suggetions. I'll keep working on it. :)

Edited by Linda

The music choices on You Tube are limited. I'll have to fugure out how to import other options and explore the royaltes. Thanks for the suggetions. I'll keep working on it. :)

Oh my, Linda, look what I found, this would be nice to see if you could be at liberty to use it on QCFA site:

His 'Interior' sculpture, when you see it in the video, is absolutely awesome in meaning, when it rotates! I'm very impressed. That would make for a nice video in and of itself.

A girl I used to live with, she was a fan of Mark Ryden's paintings. His 'Blood: Miniature Paintings of Sorrow and Fear" at the unvealing of some of them, music was created to accompany it. Also, if I remember, you had to wear red in some way shape or form, there. You probably have heard of him, he lives in a castle out your way in Ca. I'm only saying, there is much you can do, even commision or have people create music to QCFA gallery work., contest?, etc

This is one track, to his painting of his 'Rose", you can see her mixed in with this slide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TqiFtGQus

There are the Goedde Concertos which 21 of his photos were selected and 21 mini concertos made for each one, I know of this Steve Goedde photography, because he did photos of Sinthetics manikins, but anyways, just more ideas, on having music created, inspired by QCFA gallery work:

• 5 weeks later...

Your last video, Best of Tchaikovsky, has for its fixed image "Study for Waking Up Among The Clouds III" which I was pleased to see. It's hanging in my living room.

On playing it, I find you associated it with Tchaikovsky's 5th symphony, my favorite of his symphonies.

Thanks!

(Now I need to watch the other two videos.)

Edited by Steve D'Ippolito