Objectivism Online Forum

Online community for the affluent: Danconiaclub.com

Rate this topic

DanconiaClub

What’s the minimum net worth you require of your members? And how do you check that they’re qualified? Property records, tax returns, a PFS from a CPA?

BTW, you quote Michael Douglas as saying “The most valuable commodity in the world is information”, this is incorrect. This would be like quoting Ellsworth Toohey and attributing it to Robert Douglas, or Howard Roark to Gary Cooper. You should credit the quote to Gordon Gekko, Wall Street.

I must say you’ve really rubbed me the wrong way, and by coming here I suspect you’ve misread your target audience. For my part, rather than hanging out with people who have gathered together based strictly on net worth, I’d prefer these kind of people:

What’s the minimum net worth you require of your members? And how do you check that they’re qualified? Property records, tax returns, a PFS from a CPA?

BTW, you quote Michael Douglas as saying “The most valuable commodity in the world is information”, this is incorrect. This would be like quoting Ellsworth Toohey and attributing it to Robert Douglas, or Howard Roark to Gary Cooper. You should credit the quote to Gordon Gekko, Wall Street.

I must say you’ve really rubbed me the wrong way, and by coming here I suspect you’ve misread your target audience. For my part, rather than hanging out with people who have gathered together based strictly on net worth, I’d prefer these kind of people:

Ironically, D'Anconia would have agreed with you.

BTW, if you want to get affluent people together, what you do is target things affluent people are interested in. Such as yachts, Italian sports cars, fine wine, and/or 1st class travel. Here’s something of a musical laundry list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VGItt9cCgc

DanconiaClub, as Robert Douglas said, “you poor amateur!” Shoot, I can’t remember if that’s exactly the line, it’s the scene between Toohey and Wynand, er, I mean Douglas and Massey. Then there was the part about how it’s “always safe to attack the rich, everyone will help you, the rich first!”

The domain is registered to Domains by Proxy. I wonder why the owner doesn't want anyone to know his info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domains_by_Proxy

The opening paragraph on the page has no fewer than nine grammar/spelling errors. You'd think they could've spent someone's $10k fee on an educated and/or native english speaker to write for their site.