Objectivism Online Forum

Most despicable people in the United States today

Rate this topic

Zoso

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it funny that Hillary Clinton has claimed to have read and been "affected" by Atlas Shrugged? Apparently not enough though that she bothered to read and understand Ayn Rand's writings.

The only thing she wants to "affect" is the vote. She'll say anything. When she suddenly decided to run as Senator for New York State, overnight she knew about all of New York State's hopes and dreams. Mindless drivel.

Add

- Rudy Guliani

- Spitzer

I thought Guliani was just clueless when it came to political principles. Spitzer, on the other hand... that guy is just tripping over himself to put business people in jail. He's bad. I know his job is to enforce the laws, but does he have to enforce bad laws with so much enthusiasm? Yikes.

Isn't it funny that Hillary Clinton has claimed to have read and been "affected" by Atlas Shrugged?

I wonder if it's possible that some were affected by Wesley Mouch and Lillian Rearden. If somebody is already very far gone, they might believe they've figured out these characters' mistakes; these people might actually think they know how the characters could have won.

If my post is “meaningless” why did you dignify it with a response? 

One does not have to do anything of the sort!  Forgive me, where did Miss Rand write, “Objectivists do not ask Objectivists questions?”  Maybe this will help (I’ll type slow):

George: “I think Fred is the most despicable person in the U.S.”

Mary: “Me too.”

George: “Yeah, he sucks!”

Mary: “Yeah!”

Vs.

George: “I think Fred is the most despicable person in the U.S. because…”

Mary: “Really, while I agree he is despicable, I think it’s because...”

The first example is a rant and serves no purpose; you might call it “meaningless.”  The second is an attempt at rational discourse.

You know what? I changed my mind. The fact that you find Noam Chomsky "invaluable" would have to mean that you should ask why.

You see the point is is that if you do not understand a particular inclusion, you could inquire as to why from the poster. Instead you attack the posters by saying "You are children, Ayn Rand taught me to be an adult" like a third grader whose mother has just taught him how to tie his shoes.

See your original post below.

That's a great question. I would like to add "WHY" to each name given in this thread. What good is a list of names without reasons? Any child can rant, "I hate him" or "I hate her." Objectivism taught me how to grow up and stop acting like one.
I could start a thread of most despicable philosophers. Zoso, could come in and ask about why I included Plato (who I would not actually include on my list). I could then provide him with an answer. It is called conversation-or argument if you prefer.

By the way, I'm glad none of my attorneys think like this.

Please! You have attorneys! And, I know Kung Fu! Hoo-yeow!

Winner of the Nobel "Peace" Prize. Yep. Laughable.

The list of past winners of the Nobel PEace prize would be a good starting point. Sounds like this year's winner deserves a mention on our list, if I could think it worthwhile to look up her name.

I thought Guliani was just clueless when it came to political principles. Spitzer, on the other hand...

Guliani is the same, except he did it years ago to Milken.

The recent news about Kerik symbolizes the type of person Gulinai hangs out with.

These folks seem clueless only because they are the "Attilas" in the "Attila/Witchdoctor" nexus.

I apologize unreservedly to anyone who’s taken umbrage to my earlier post. I still, however, fail to see the reason for such a list. How does Objectivism advance by merely identifying such persons? Is there an implied course of action to which I am unaware? Please, I sincerely want to know because I run into well know people all the time.

Several months ago I was seated at the table next to Senator Diane Feinstein and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi at one of my favorite restaurants. Should I have said something specific? Done something specific? Ignored them both and felt superior?

Please! You have attorneys! And, I know Kung Fu! Hoo-yeow!

I think it’s great that you know Kung Fu (if it’s something that brings you happiness). I have never had a desire to learn it. Perhaps one day that will change. In what ways have you benefited from practicing or using the art?

I live in a society based on the rule of law and its interpretation. Retaining attorneys seems entirely rational. No? Unless I am misinterpreting your post and you mean to use Kung Fu in court?

Bill Maher gets a "Get out of jail free" card for making me laugh. This time.

Actually, Bill Maher is really not funny. Even in style.

That is, assuming it were possible to ignore the relentlessly offensive subject matter. "When you ride alone, you're riding with bin Laden"

I know what you're probably referring to, making fun of church goers. But Bill Maher jokes from the perspective of people who said "I don't feel like going to church" and then concluded "there is no god." In other words, he represents feelings worship and thoughtlessness. No, there's nothing going on there. Nothing to laugh about. His show makes me laugh about as often as any person on the street could.

I think it’s great that you know Kung Fu (if it’s something that brings you happiness).  I have never had a desire to learn it.  Perhaps one day that will change.  In what ways have you benefited from practicing or using the art?

I live in a society based on the rule of law and its interpretation.  Retaining attorneys seems entirely rational.  No?  Unless I am misinterpreting your post and you mean to use Kung Fu in court?

I don't know Kung Fu. I was implying that I didn't believe you had attorneys. I thought you were a kid!

• 3 months later...
Isn't it funny that Hillary Clinton has claimed to have read and been "affected" by Atlas Shrugged? Apparently not enough though that she bothered to read and understand Ayn Rand's writings.

If this is true, then that qualifies her for the next level of evil: being presented a moral choice, and knowingly choosing evil. I would never have known, based on her speeches, that she had even heard of Ayn Rand.

If this is true, then that qualifies her for the next level of evil: being presented a moral choice, and knowingly choosing evil. I would never have known, based on her speeches, that she had even heard of Ayn Rand.

Maybe she misinterpreted the book and is aspiring to be James Taggart or Wesley Mouch :D.

Has anyone mentioned Sean Hannity yet?  I hate that man with every fiber of my being.

I like Hannity except when he launches into the religous stuff, it's his sidekick Alan Colmes that I can stand. He just looks....sniveling, if that's a word. When I think annoying liberals I think Colmes and Ron Reagan Jr.

The problem is that Hannity never talks about anything except religious stuff. The only times he doesn't promote theocracy is when he defends Dubya's fiscal irresponsibility. Alan Colmes really doesn't bother me...yeah, he's liberal, but he seems to be a basically good person. And he isn't as arrogant as Hannity. Hannity laughs at people all the time. Colmes at least listens to his guests and treats them with respect. You're right when you say that he looks "sniveling" though. I've always thought that he looked like "Butthead" from Beavis and Butthead.

Jesse Jackson

I would say that Jesse Jackson fits the bill here. Notice the name of his radio show is called "Keep Hope Alive." The word 'hope' is included in order to keep his listeners in a state of purgatory. For some reason I feel he doesn't say things like "onward and upward" to his listeners.

Deepak Chopra

The master of deception himself. A wanna-be savior with an itch for swindling, and a pro at manipulation. He tells people not to be materialistic from his 2.1 million dollar house. I heard him on a late night radio show describe how great things are in Cuba because people socialize more. He's written over 70 books which tells me words come cheap for him.

William

I like Bill O'Reilly. He has some misbegotten ideas, but he isn't any worse than the average conservative, and he actually disagrees with conservatives on some key issues. I like him because I think he's fair. He lets both sides be represented, he doesn't put partisan spin on anything, and he doesn't just pander to what any particular politican wants. Despite what people say, he's actually quite courteous to his guests unless they get out of line. We need more honest people like him in the media.

I like Bill O'Reilly.  He has some misbegotten ideas, but he isn't any worse than the average conservative, and he actually disagrees with conservatives on some key issues.

Interesting that you like O'Reilly but not Hannity. I'm just the opposite. Both of them are "blow-hards" though. I'm a little partial to Hannity because I discovered Ayn Rand indirectly as a result of listening to his show.

I also like Hannity over O'Reilly, I could have a decent conversation with Sean while with Bill I think it would end in a shouting match.

Does anyone else like that new Ludacris song where he says "Hi, Mr. O'Reilly!". Luda' is funny as hell. You think Ayn Rand would of liked Ludacris? J/k ;)

I'm curious as to how you discovered Ayn Rand by watching his show. The reason I like O'Reilly and not Hannity is that Hannity is just a mouth-piece for the Republican party. He is extremely biased and never deviates from the party platform. He defends anything and everything that is ever done by a Republican. Alan Colmes, in all fairness, criticizes members of his own party and isn't afraid to say when a Republican is right. Sean Hannity never criticizes Republicans and never admits when a Democrat does something right. Bill O'Reilly is fair to both sides. He's certainly conservative, but he isn't afraid to criticize conservatives when he disagrees with them. He also voices agreement for people that he normally hates. For example, I've seen him agree with the ACLU and actually praise them. If you watch his show, you would understand why that's a big deal...he hates the ACLU with a passion, but he still stands up for them if he thinks they're right.