Objectivism Online Forum

Good Evening.

Rate this topic

Who is Ryan Powers? I am. Powers will do. I've been looking to this site for interesting angles to present in arguments to my friends.

Objectivism? I've read Atlas four times, my favorite book. I've read Fountainhead twice. And I've also read Virtue of Selfishness, Anthem, and We the Living.

But more important than how many times I've read these books, is how I constantly strive to understand the truths of these books as they relate to life.

I don't know if I'll agree with all of you. And I doubt you will all agree with me. But that is the point, isn't it?

-Powers-

Who is Ryan Powers? I am. Powers will do. I've been looking to this site for interesting angles to present in arguments to my friends.

Objectivism? I've read Atlas four times, my favorite book. I've read Fountainhead twice. And I've also read Virtue of Selfishness, Anthem, and We the Living.

But more important than how many times I've read these books, is how I constantly strive to understand the truths of these books as they relate to life.

I don't know if I'll agree with all of you. And I doubt you will all agree with me. But that is the point, isn't it?

-Powers-

Hi Ryan! Welcome to the board! I hope you find it as informitive and helpful as I have in the past year since I discovered Atlas Shrugged.

As for your next book, may I suggest Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal or Leonard Peikoff's Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand?

The single most important text for the study of Ayn Rand's philosophy, Objectivism, is The Ayn Rand Lexicon. I have used it thousands of times since I bought my copy more than 15 years ago. It offers quick alphabetic excerpts from her published writings. Each article -- for example, "Definitions," "Ecology/Environmental Movment," or "Happiness" -- usually begins with a concise definition and then expands into a wider discussion and special applications. Each quoted passage ends with a citation to the specific text from which the passage was taken. The ARL quotes not only Ayn Rand's writings but also those of her foremost student, Leonard Peikoff, while he was working under her close supervision.