Objectivism Online Forum

Holy s*^%, I can't believe I just completed [....]

Rate this topic

Nicky

So, will those designs be on leather?

From the last batch, the material that seemed to work the best was anything with a grip. So, finished leather was mostly out, but suede or upholstery leather, cork and even rubber worked well.

Since I don't have a laser cutter, I'm using an on-demand company. They have a lot of material options, but most of them are solid and smooth -- unusable for me. Of their options that fit my ideal materials mentioned above, their color choices are limited. Still, there are some good leather, cork, and rubber options. Minimal testing will be necessary to determine how deep the laser will cut into each material, since the pieces will have to be not too thin and relatively durable.

The color options are a trade-off, and part of the reason I wanted a lot of design options. But, for some reason your question reminded me that I still should have some more "blanks"/"shadows" made, for those who would rather not look at any design.

After the last pieces, where I was (stupidly) pounding with a mallet and then cutting each one out by hand (!), I'm looking forward to some clicking, waiting, and unboxing, ready to go.