Objectivism Online Forum

Great Photographs

Rate this topic

Kitty Hawk

I found this great photograph of Wilbur Wright in Pau, France, with Orville.

Wilbur Wright in Pau, France

Wilbur is holding up an instrument to measure the wind (direction or strength, or both). As someone who has always idolized the Wright Brothers, especially Wilbur, I love this photograph. It immediately brought to my mind Howard Roark. The self-confidence, intelligence, purposefulness, the tall, thin, angular body type.

To me Wilbur Wright was Howard Roark.

Wilbur is holding up an instrument to measure the wind (direction or strength, or both).  As someone who has always idolized the Wright Brothers, especially Wilbur, I love this photograph.  It immediately brought to my mind Howard Roark.  The self-confidence, intelligence, purposefulness, the tall, thin, angular body type. 

Now I understand the name you use on the forum. :D

If you are such a Wright Brothers enthusiast you probably are aware of these photographs that the Wright Brothers took, but just in case not here is a pointer.

Wilbur is holding up an instrument to measure the wind (direction or strength, or both).  As someone who has always idolized the Wright Brothers, especially Wilbur, I love this photograph.  It immediately brought to my mind Howard Roark.  The self-confidence, intelligence, purposefulness, the tall, thin, angular body type. 

You might find this site interesting if you haven't visited it already. It contains quite a bit of information and history on them including an interview.

First to Fly

You might find this site interesting if you haven't visited it already. It contains quite a bit of information and history on them including an interview.

First to Fly

Thanks, that interview was odd, but interesting. The Library of Congress has recently made much of the papers of the Wright Brothers available on the internet. It's interesting to read their letters to family members and others, like Octave Chanute, Arch Hoxsey, etc.

• 7 months later...