Objectivism Online Forum

David Mamet on Gun Control

Rate this topic

Worthwhile? What an understatement. After reading this, even though I live in an urban area, I'm feeling some visceral drive to go kill a bear.

Crap.

Due to the tangental nature of my mind I will now have the Bugs Bunny "Kill Da Wabbit" opera stuck in my head all through service tonight.

Eh. Worse things have happened to better people!

Through ‘service’? What’s that? Sounds like a religious thing. Anyway, I was only praising the Mamet piece, I didn't mean to evoke Looney Tunes references in your mind. For those not familiar, Mamet wrote the film The Edge, referenced above.

Now, maybe you can make another tangential jump, to loving the smell of napalm in the morning to some favorite song by the Doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3Cc7wlfkI

Ahh, one of the last outposts of ancient tolerant polytheism! Where Dionysus and Demeter are worshipped side by side, not to mention the one before whom all must eventually bow: the Porcelain God.

Haha.. we're not the pukey kind of bar. We're the "if you irritate the owner she will throw you out on your ass in a humiliating manner" kind of bar.

I take their money and then send them forth to vomit elsewhere.