Objectivism Online Forum

Reviews of Objectivist lectures

Rate this topic

I would like to see a corner on this website where users could go for reviews, questions and comments in regard to recorded Objectivist lectures (and other products that might be of interest to students of Objectivism).

The Ayn Rand Bookstore carries alot of such material, but they don't seem to have any user review and/or rating system (such as Amazon.com).

I think that such a feature on the site would add more traffic and also attract more attention from serious students of Objectivism.

What do you think?

That's a great idea!

There is a lot of Objectivist material out there, and purchasing it can get pretty expensive. That kind of feedback could be pretty helpful to someone on a tight budget or with limited study time.

I would like to see a corner on this website where users could go for reviews, questions and comments in regard to recorded Objectivist lectures (and other products that might be of interest to students of Objectivism).

The Ayn Rand Bookstore carries alot of such material, but they don't seem to have any user review and/or rating system (such as Amazon.com).

I think that such a feature on the site would add more traffic and also attract more attention from serious students of Objectivism.

What do you think?

That's a great idea!

There is a lot of Objectivist material out there, and purchasing it can get pretty expensive.  That kind of feedback could be pretty helpful to someone on a tight budget or with limited study time.

That would be me :P I've got plenty of material to read still here at home, but there is alot more I want and can't afford, and I hardly have time to read the stuff I do have. The interaction here is highly appealing and conducive to learning (for me anyway) and it seems this would be a great added feature. :)

• 4 years later...

I really agree with this. I read reviews about whatever I buy because I want to make sure I am getting what I want. I don't think many people are willing to purchase the more expensive lectures unless they get a pretty good idea of what they are getting. Some lectures I have bought have not been what I expected, so a detailed review would have been very helpful. Also I have found value in some of the lectures that I would like to promote.

Having a specific place for these reviews is a good idea.

For now, rather than add another sub-forum, I suggest such reviews be added to the "Non-Fiction" sub-forum (renamed, was "Books - Non Fiction"). If we get a whole lot of such reviews, we can split them out into a separate sub-forum.

Edited by softwareNerd

I've been putting my "Notes on ..." posts in the "Productivity" subforum.

Your notes on "The Art of Thinking" led me to purchase it. Thank you. As I listen to some of the lectures I purchase, I will try to find time to review. I like getting what I want by reading reviews and promoting what I like by writing them. I like the idea of having a review section such as the ones for movies and books. I really like what the originator of this thread suggested; that there should be a system of reviewing on the Ayn Rand Bookstore web site.