Objectivism Online Forum

Is the FDA trying to kill us?

Rate this topic

Peikoff on life-extending technologies:

http://13be01ddf3b1d677ded1-f884a1b570187d379829b71385ab845d.r57.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-13-7.381_A.mp3

"Unfortunately, I've been told by researchers in the field (of biotechnology) that the Food and Drug Administration would never give a validation to the attempt to stop aging because that would cause the government such revenue loss in Medicare and Social Security etc. which were calculated to last an age span of 65 that the whole government is geared to prevent indefinite life extension. I don't know that this is what is happening, but it's plausible to me that this is what is happening."

Do you take serious the possibilty that leaders within our government are really this willfully, utterly evil?

Edited by Asker of Questions

Do you take serious the possibilty that leaders within our government are really this willfully, utterly evil?

I wouldn't take Peikoff too seriously on anything that needs an understanding of current affairs and politics. By his own admission, he really does not pay much attention to current affairs. He also over-uses hyperbole.

Peikoff also notes in the segment that the biggest threat to human life over history has been that of living in an irrational society.

Given that, I would ask is the political climate one of willful irrationality, or more simply an irrationality brought about by not having learned how to be rational?