Objectivism Online Forum

How evil is the Atlas Society?

Rate this topic

happiness

I think they tolerate people who disagree with the fundamentals of Objectivism. I don't think they've "changed" those fundamentals.

I think ARI is the most useful organization for letting people know about Objectivism (they do the best job of accurately describing Objectivism to the world), but I don't think having other groups, that take a more compromising approach, is necessarily a bad thing.

I do believe the Atlas Society often have a compromising approach, though, as much as they claim not to. I fail to see the distinction between loyalty to Ayn Rand's words vs. "the truth of her fundamental ideas". Pretty sure she used her words to describe those ideas. They also define themselves as the antithesis of their own caricature of ARI...which would be a poor way to define yourself, even if ARI was what they claim it to be (it isn't). I would have more respect for them if they refrained from veiled attacks on ARI in their official mission statement.