Objectivism Online Forum

Hi! I've started /objectivism/ at 8chan.

Rate this topic

_Objectivist

I've started a board for Objectivism on 8chan. 

link:

8ch.net/objectivism/

catalog:

8ch.net/objectivism/catalog.html

8chan is a free, anonymous imageboard that allows creation of boards dedicated to topics, in which users can communicate via threads, much like this website. You may choose a name if you wish, but you can also post as an anonymous user.

Said website enjoys a very large traffic influx from varied users. The anonymous nature of the website attracts many users and also encourages free speech, wherein a user may not criticise you for the previous posts you might have made, or your activity on other boards. "Threads" may be started regarding any topic a user prefers, and then can be discussed.

/objectivism/ is a fairly new board, and other like-minded people generally post in /liberty/ and /ancap/.  I am its moderator, and have started it mainly as a backup forum for users who may wish to post. Active users are currently in single digits, but are expected to rise in coming months, as the board grows in popularity. Visit the board if you are interested.

"The anonymous nature of the website attracts many users and also encourages free speech, wherein a user may not criticise you for the previous posts you might have made, or your activity on other boards. "

How can you claim to encourage free speech, while preventing criticism? Criticism is the primary importance of free speech.

How can you claim to encourage free speech, while preventing criticism? Criticism is the primary importance of free speech.

I think he means that posters are anonymous, so anyone feels like they can say whatever they feel like. Users are not just anonymous in the sense of using a made-up name, but they do not need a name of any type. Therefore others cannot know what previous post belongs to a particular poster... thus rendering them immune to criticism on previous posts.