Welcome to Objectivism Online Forum

Welcome to Objectivism Online, a forum for discussing the philosophy of Ayn Rand. For full access, register via Facebook or email.

jacassidy2

Materialsitic lag

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey Folks, You know I am a Rand Scholar with emphasis in Aristotelian metaphysics and Rand/Peikoff's epistemology .  Many have emailed me to read Richard Dawkins and I have now done it.  Thank you.  Hey, it took me about 6 months.

My personal advanced education was grad school at the time 1978-1986.  I read so much and took notes in categorized volumnes. .  I knew the accepted methods were flawed. Some scientist who has internalized the philosophy of Aristoltle/Rand/Peikoff, who can integrate Neo-Darwinism.

Can some intellect combine the science knowledge of evolution with the cognative philosophy of Rand/Peikoff?  Here is the cognative answer.

1 hour ago, jacassidy2 said:

Hey Folks, You know I am a Rand Scholar with emphasis in Aristotelian metaphysics and Rand/Peikoff's epistemology .  Many have emailed me to read Richard Dawkins and I have now done it.  Thank you.  Hey, it took me about 6 months.

My personal advanced education was grad school at the time 1978-1986.  I read so much and took notes in categorized volumnes. .  I knew the accepted methods were flawed. Some scientist who has internalized the philosophy of Aristoltle/Rand/Peikoff, who can integrate Neo-Darwinism.

Can some intellect combine the science knowledge of evolution with the cognative philosophy of Rand/Peikoff?  Here is the cognative answer.

Did you mean to say more?  Wondering what you mean is the "answer"?

Actually, Harry Binswanger already wrote quite a lengthy treaties on this called The Biological Basis of Telelogical Concepts (which I should really get around to reading sometime).

I read it a long time ago , probably have to revisit it. 

Darwinism, neodarwirism and all things scientific re evolution would better be integrated with cognative science , no? Philosophy can lead you to better science and more so probably with a better philosophy, but we need to be very careful minding the p's and q's , yes ?,for  keeping them in their appropriate boxes.

Edited by tadmjones