Objectivism Online Forum

Voting against Sanders in the primary

Rate this topic

I think that you should be voting against Trump instead. Sanders is a dumb wannabe dictator. Trump is a smart wannabe dictator. I'd rather have the dumb one. Besides, the Republican ticket has the better chance of winning, no matter who the candidates are.

So, please, just vote for Cruz or Rubio (whichever you like best...frankly, I have a hard time deciding too, they both annoy me). Let's make this a Cruz/Rubio ticket, which is by far the best way to ensure that neither Trump nor Sanders wins.

Edited by Nicky

12 hours ago, happiness said:

I think I'm going to vote against Sanders in the primary rather than for any particular Republican. What do you think of my strategy?

That's what you'll do, but what is the strategy behind it? Not clear. If I try to guess, perhaps you think Sanders will lose in a general election and this is your strategy to get a GOP president -- any GOP person -- rather than either Democrat? If that's it, I doubt it will work. You're better served choosing your best option among the GOP candidates you think are somewhat viable.

If I voted in Iowa, I'd almost certainly have gone Cruz, as much as I don't like him. I don't think he'll make the nomination, but he'd be a good foil to Trump in the early states. After Iowa, I'd vote Rubio, because if Iowa could give him 23%, he can get the nomination over the long haul. So, Rubio would be my "best-of-viable-worst" choice today. That could change, as the primary rolls along.

Edited by softwareNerd