Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Will There Be Three-Way Debates?

Rate this topic

It would appear that conversations like one I recently had with a relative are hardly unusual in this election cycle. The Christian Science Monitor reportsthat significant numbers of unhappy voters want a choice besides Crooked Hillary and a husk of dead skin and hyperbole:

[The latest Quinnipiac University] poll gave Libertarian Gary Johnson, the top third-party presidential candidate, just 10 percent of the vote, but noted 62 percent of those surveyed said they wanted to see a third-party candidate in the presidential debates, and 37 percent said they were looking to vote independent of the two major parties this November. [bold added]
Based on the Libertarian Party's pandering to the left, including Johnson's support of a carbon tax (!), I am not sure how productive this will be, but this number surprises me. It means, particularly with the awful major party candidates, there is a chance worth considering of Johnson winning or having major influence in this election.

-- CAV

Link to Original

I'm a big fan of minimum thresholds for these things, but he's at almost 10%. They should definitely include him in the first debate, and see how the electorate responds. If his support goes up significantly, he should be in all the debates.

Edited by Nicky