Objectivism Online Forum

A quick intro...

Rate this topic

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been following the new posts for about a month, through the RSS feed, and became convinced that this forum is a great medium for intellectual discussion.

I was introduced to Atlas Shrugged by a member of another forum I belong to, and decided to check it out. After reading about Miss Rand, I discovered that my ideals and values were very much in tune with her philosophy. It has been very exciting to read and learn about Objectivism, and I am relieved to have found it.

I currently attend Drexel University, in Philadelphia, where I major in Civil Engineering and minor in Mathematics. I also studied Mechanical Engineering at Johns Hopkins, in Baltimore. I work full time for a civil engineering firm, where I perform site design and land surveying. I am recently married, and have a baby on the way. Fortunately, I was able to experience Italy for my honeymoon. My primary interests are chess and reading.

I'm looking forward to the interaction. Not so quick, was it? :P

I'm in the same class as you, but I am not as active in local clubs and tournaments, mainly because there are few around me. I don't have the time to travel an hour or more to play.

I mostly play on ChessWorld.net. It is like correspondence chess, and you get to play so many games against players from all over the world.