Objectivism Online Forum

Drug Testing for Political Candidates

Rate this topic

dream_weaver

Donald Trump Challenges Hillary Clinton To Take A Drug Test Before Third Debate: "She's Getting Pumped Up"

I've mixed feelings on this one.

I don't have an issue with a company choosing to make drug testing a condition of employment. I do have issues with government mandated drug testing. If government mandates drug testing for any government post—then candidates for any public office should not be exempt. This would make such a call, strategically, an interesting one for Trump. Will it make a difference, or simply proffer an opportunity to spill a bunch more ink in the scramble to make more headlines in the news?

Trump has gone totally crazy with fear as he sees the election slipping away from him. He is so obviously consumed with a background anxiety of inferiority that he has to invent all sorts of fiction, and has to come up with bizarre notions, on which he can lean his self-esteem. His talk of Democrats stealing the election is being lapped up by a core of moron cultists who have adopted him as their messiah. His core followers are like the guys who predict the world is going to end on some date; then, the day passes and instead of ditching their alternate universe, they double down on their psychosis!

I think the election might be narrower than the polls show, if a small percentage of people is shy of saying they will vote for Trump; but, I hold out some hope that they are not lying and that Trump sets an all-time record polling lower than Barry Goldwater did. That election hit the GOP hard, and they deserve to be taught a lesson never to put a populist clown on their ticket again.

As for the question on drugs: I don't think its worth discussing every nutty idea Trump throws out there as a distraction.

Edited by softwareNerd

Yes, I know it just happens to be Trump who introduced it at this point. I also went on record earlier stating he would not make it this far. Yet, there he is. The drug testing aims at the double standard rift where politicians pass laws and set policies from which they are perceived to be exempt.

As a blue state resident, with a mandate that all the electoral votes be cast in favor of what the majority of the electoral college votes for, I'm currently leaning toward the Johnson ticket, with Clinton being the likely winner take all of the E.C.

I was just a toddler when the Goldwater campaign took place. Trump is the first populist movement of this magnitude I can recall seeing here in America. I find it rather disquieting. Here's a short piece I found on a comparison between the two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2016 at 2:11 AM, dream_weaver said:

Donald Trump Challenges Hillary Clinton To Take A Drug Test Before Third Debate: "She's Getting Pumped Up"

I've mixed feelings on this one.

I don't have an issue with a company choosing to make drug testing a condition of employment. I do have issues with government mandated drug testing. If government mandates drug testing for any government post—then candidates for any public office should not be exempt. This would make such a call, strategically, an interesting one for Trump. Will it make a difference, or simply proffer an opportunity to spill a bunch more ink in the scramble to make more headlines in the news?

Donald Trump is an ill minded man, then again drug tests should be made throughout the government. I understand that he made such comment because of a video where Hillary appears to be lightheaded and had to leave a convention. Just because of her behavior it doesn't mean she's using drugs or drinking alcohol; it's just a strategy of Trump's. As I mentioned before, drug tests should be made, no one ever knows which politician may be using drugs illegally.