Objectivism Online Forum

A First Look into ARI’s Recent Successes in Europe

Rate this topic

As Ayn Rand’s ideas continue to gain interest across Europe, ARI responded by launching ARI Europe in January 2015. Over the past year and a half, and with funding from European businessmen, ARI has established a strong presence throughout the continent by engaging with young people at universities, partnering with local think tanks and working closely with other European free-market organizations.

Link to original

A little human interest angle:

Brook was interested to learn that a Polish ambassador to Romania sat in the audience. His daughter, who insisted he attend, is studying at Oxford University and had seen Brook speak on two separate occasions in London.

“You never know who will be in the audience and what connections we’re making,” Brook states. “As ARI works to leverage digital media on Facebook, YouTube and ARI Campus, we can reach people across the globe with virtually zero cost. It’s exciting to see this impact in person.”

I don't recall where I heard it (or read it), when it comes to government officials being present in the audience, they could be there to glean insights, or possibly just to spy. In this case, the Polish ambassador may have just attended at the behest of his daughter.

52 minutes ago, dream_weaver said:

A little human interest angle:

Brook was interested to learn that a Polish ambassador to Romania sat in the audience. His daughter, who insisted he attend, is studying at Oxford University and had seen Brook speak on two separate occasions in London.

“You never know who will be in the audience and what connections we’re making,” Brook states. “As ARI works to leverage digital media on Facebook, YouTube and ARI Campus, we can reach people across the globe with virtually zero cost. It’s exciting to see this impact in person.”

I don't recall where I heard it (or read it), when it comes to government officials being present in the audience, they could be there to glean insights, or possibly just to spy. In this case, the Polish ambassador may have just attended at the behest of his daughter.

Spy on what? Yaron Brook's views are not a secret.

Spy on the response of the audience? True, his views are out there on U-Tube, his radio show, ARI proper. When put in that perspective, I have to ask: is Objectivism the only philosophy that couches, as it does, the role that philosophy performs in human life? I can't recall running across it elsewhere, except via inference that Kant must have had some notion of it.