Welcome to Objectivism Online Forum

Welcome to Objectivism Online, a forum for discussing the philosophy of Ayn Rand. For full access, register via Facebook or email.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Layjamin

Hello.

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

This site came to my attention. In light of getting Donald Trump as president (who happens to be the White Obama), I figured some looking into the Objectivist crowd might be in order so that I can see some second opinions.

I don't recommend a first exposure to Oism by looking into what Rand fans think about an elected official. Every year around election time many Oist seem to go bat shit crazy and say all kinds of irrational nonsense. 

Study Rands books to find out what you think an Objectivist view of Trump would be.

I agree that Rand's books are the best place to learn about Objectivism, but the request was for a place to learn about Objectivist reactions to Trump. For that I recommend Steve Simpson's commentary at the ARI site.

4 hours ago, Layjamin said:

... Donald Trump as president (who happens to be the White Obama),  ...  second opinions.

Yup, he's a white Obama in some senses, but he's also an anti-Obama in others. Maybe it is at different "levels of philosophy".