Objectivism Online Forum

White Supremacist Protest Violence

Rate this topic

gregory kalian

1 hour ago, 2046 said:

Jeffrey Tucker has a new book coming out that is intended to trace the origins of the alt-right in what he terms (following Mises) as right-Hegelians. There is a preview article up at FEE as well that I recommend to anyone interested:

https://fee.org/articles/a-rogues-gallery-of-right-hegelians/

Also you can find Mises' study of Nazism Omnipotent Government online in PDF and as an audiobook up on YT, it makes a good companion piece to Ominous Parallels and DIM Hypothesis.

This is too good to be buried in this thread. It has been moved to Books, Movies, Theatre, Lectures>Nonfiction

On 8/24/2017 at 9:56 PM, DonAthos said:

Specifically, I don't know. Increased surveillance/wiretapping, infringing on the rights to assembly or free speech or the press, an increasingly militarized police force, ramping up deportation efforts, or etc. I don't think Trump is a principled man, except that I believe that he wants power for himself. Historically, power hungry people have sometimes used civil disorder (and/or external conflict) as a pretext for curtailing liberty -- and that's fully what I expect from the current administration.

I laughed out loud at this.  A power hungry person spends his life in politics accruing actual power.  Example: both Clintons.  And no, money is not power.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, Eiuol said:

This part is not:

Cultural Marxism is not an actual belief.

Cultural Marxism is more formally known as the Frankfurt School. It has a wikipedia page and everything. The "Critical Theory" is a corruption of epistemology with far reaching applications because epistemology is so fundamental.  

Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Critical theory

As for calling it a conspiracy theory, on the same basis we Objectivists are also conspirators.

The methods of the Frankfurt School Marxist are very real and pervasive. Social Constructivism, which infects the education systems everywhere, is derived from their nonsense. You can hear the Frankfurt theorists in their own words in my playlist on this topic:

Many formerly self professed marxist hate to admit the extent to which this evil is present because they still want to hold on to the rebranded nonsense that is still in their thinking but by another name...

One can also read on this in The Dialectical Imagination by Martin and Dialectic of Enlightenment by Horkiemer and Adorno.

Edited by Plasmatic