Objectivism Online Forum
happiness

Does Objectivism have a premise on sleeping with co-workers?

Rate this topic

A female co worker (who was formerly my trainer) five years my senior has been flirting with me on the job since day one. At first, I took it as joke and blew her off, but I’ve noticed she doesn't seem to do it with the other guys there, and lately she's been ramping it up...by doing stuff like rubbing my back, grabbing my leg, and slipping in a few overtly sexual comments. Though I feign disinterest, I secretly like it and am attracted to her even though I’m pretty sure she’s a different walk of life and not a long-term match for me. I’m aware of the adage “don’t shit where you eat,” but is it really that wise? Hank and Dagny were co-workers, right?

Edited by happiness

1 hour ago, happiness said:

Though I feign disinterest, I secretly like it and am attracted to her even though I’m pretty sure she’s a different walk of life and not a long-term match for me. I’m aware of the adage “don’t shit where you eat,” but is it really that wise? Hank and Dagny were co-workers, right?

If you're not extremely adept at seeing this kind of thing through from start to aftermath, run, do not engage! There's nothing tricker from a management perspective than a romance gone bad, and you're going to get the brunt of any negativity (even if only perceived), not the company if they can help it.

JASKN's advice looks good to me.

Hank and Dagny were not co-workers. They worked at different companies in different industries in cities 371 miles apart. Galt was down the chain of command from her, though, when they first rode the tracks together.