Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Column: Yes AOC, It's Creepy ...

Rate this topic

... When People Don't Mind Their Own Business

burger.jpg
One of many things in the Green New Deal that is not a proper concern of government. (Image by RitaE, via Pixabay, license.)
"Hi! I'm a person! This is weird!" Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told a stranger who snuck up and took a photo of her meal. As a politician, she could even have said, in fine American tradition, Mind your own business. We own our own lives here in America: If it doesn't involve picking pockets or breaking legs, what someone does is nobody else's business. But back to weird. It is weird that conservatives view her companion's hamburger as a smoking gun -- yet miss the deep irony of the self-proclaimed "owner" of the Green New Deal telling anyone to mind their own business.

The irony begins with AOC speaking of the photographer "creepily (and obviously) taking a picture of me while pretending he wasn't." This reminds me of practically everything she has said about the Green New Deal. Whether or not the draft containing jokes about farting cows was released intentionally, AOC wants to make Americans eat less meat...

To continue reading my latest column, please proceed to RealClear Markets.

I would like to thank my wife and Steve D. for their comments on an earlier version of this piece.

-- CAV

Link to Original