Objectivism Online Forum

Greetings fellow Rand lovers!

Rate this topic

Hi I am Steve. *everybody says Hi Steve* And Ayn Rand has changed my life for the better.

I am currently a Senior in High School and I plan on majoring in History in Education.

I once saw a post in a forum somewhere that said "I am a libertarian but I am not a crazy libertarian like those Ayn Rand types". This might have been the greatest example of reverse psychology I have ever seen, because after that I HAD to read anything I could find by Rand.

I found Atlas Shrugged and loved it. I have also read CUI, VOS, PWNI, and The Fountainhead. Right now I am reading Objectivism: The Philosophy Ayn Rand and The Romantic Manifesto. I am reading about 15 books all together right now, which most likely is not a good idea. Well I guess there are worse things to be addicted to then books. :)

Like most Objectivists I am having "slow conversion" to the ideals of Objectivist. Irrational ideas die slowly and my sense of life still needs some brushing up. (I have the habit of being a cynical person and I still need to purge the idea that I HAVE to have a girlfriend in High School)

I hope to have some fun and productive discussions here :P

Welcome to the board. You sound a lot like me, except that I got into Objectivism about a year ago as a senior in college, rather than high school. I also seem to not have read as much as you, but I'm working on a Master's degree, so I'm doing what I can. But, like you, I'm slowly moving towards the Objecivist view of life.

Hello, welcome to the forum! I am a sophomore in high school like Zak. Education history? Wow, you are a brave person, history is a difficult subject. I'm more into the lab and microscope work environment. :) I'm planning on a biochemistry major.

Keep being rational, and have a good time here. I know I do. :P

Hello, welcome to the forum! I am a sophomore in high school like Zak. Education history? Wow, you are a brave person, history is a difficult subject. I'm more into the lab and microscope work environment. :) I'm planning on a biochemistry major.

Keep being rational, and have a good time here. I know I do. :P

eh history has never been hard for me (expect reading A People's History of the United States and not choking on my own vomit). I got a 5 on the AP US History test last year. Easy class acutally. Math that is a different story with me

eh history has never been hard for me (expect reading A People's History of the United States and not choking on my own vomit). I got a 5 on the AP US History test last year. Easy class acutally. Math that is a different story with me

Yeah, I've gotta take the World test at the beginning of May. Any study suggestions?

Thanks,

Zak

Edit to change "that" to "World".

Edited by realitycheck44

I still need to purge the idea that I HAVE to have a girlfriend in High School)

Well, if you've identified that one, then you're doing pretty good! That is one of the most harmful ideas I've seen out there, short of altruism. Good for you for rejecting it! (now, work to make that a FULL rejection! :thumbsup: )

Edited by Inspector

Also purge the idea of needing a girlfriend while your in college also. As a matter of fact, don't worry about woman as such until much later.

Well, I wasn't saying to simply reject women, but you must reject the idea that you MUST have a girlfriend even if she is not right for you. WAIT FOR THE RIGHT ONE!

:P