Objectivism Online Forum
pittsburghjoe

Entanglement and superposition inhabit Spacetime?

Rate this topic

Those events scream they have nothing to do with spacetime, so why are you refusing to let them go? I say let them be their own thing, they don't work with time or gravity anyways.

I know what you are going to say:

Quantum field theory is defined on a spacetime manifold. Everything described by QFT can always be represented as a field on spacetime, even a single particle state.

A QFT is an operator valued field on spacetime. In the simplest case of a discrete lattice field, there is a Hilbert space representation of each lattice site, and the whole field is a tensor product of these Hilbert spaces, which have adjacency relations and form a simple grid over spacetime. The theory is always defined on (usually Minkowski) spacetime, there's no "floating above" spacetime.

Your answer is built on a man-made excuse/mistake to include QM in spacetime. Yes, it has math going for it, but it isn't sharing what the reality is. Spacetime is under no obligation to include the scale of QM. QM existed before the big bang: https://phys.org/news/2019-05-stabilizing-no-boundary-universe-quantum.html You would think the next logical step is that QM isn't part of Spacetime.

If you allow yourself to think of QM separated of Spacetime, you open a whole new avenue to science in general.

Spacetime = classical/relativity
QM = waves

Our singularity (big bang) initiated in an existing Quantum Field of virtual particles.

If everything in the beginning was waves, does it help explain the insane expansion rate right after the singularity? Spacetime didn't exist until after inflation? ..maybe when the singularly became large enough to be observed? Was the very first observable event the creation of Spacetime?

This is about the half of QM that physicists don't like to talk about, when an object in superposition can only be described as math waves. The question of what matter is while in that state has chewed away at me for years. I think I found the answer; Quantum objects literally swap to waves when disconnected from Spacetime. Yes, that's right, I'm saying QM floats above the fabric of Spacetime. Observation grants quantum objects partial/temporary Spacetime. 

An unspecified/unknown number of chemically bounded atoms are always anchored to Spacetime.

When we zoom into a large object, those atoms bonded together are not going to display quantum weirdness. If we separated a single atom from that object, it is suddenly too small to inhibit Spacetime. I knew it was losing a dimension of some type and originally assumed a 3D object was turning into 2D (something without depth is invisible to us) ..but then the math said it actually retains its 3D (u/racinreaver). It dawned on me that objects without Spacetime are also invisible to us. I then looked at the uncertainty principle and realized that the particle was not completely inhabiting Spacetime.

If my hypothesis is correct, something should be strange about time for quantum objects ..and it is. 
Maybe something in superposition doesn't age. 
They won't ever find quantum gravity. 

I like to think doing an experiment that shows the Uncertainty Principle also shows a dimension not fully realized (wave isn't fully collapsed ..or doesn't fully possess the full dimension of Spacetime.)

We are looking in the wrong place to quantize time and gravity. We should be able to find the QM/Spacetime divide by sending larger and larger groups of bonded atoms into an Uncertainty principle experiment, when groups with momentum stop being fuzzy, we will have our number.

This will probably give new insights into virtual particles, dark energy, dark matter, and the big bang.

It seems replicating my theory is the best approach to making a quantum computer:
https://phys.org/news/2019-05-continuum.html

I guess this will lead to the long sought theory of everything. 

Gravity is a property of spacetime. QM is not a property of spacetime. Gravity doesn't get involved until something is observable.

Is spacetime mostly flat due to it not coming into being until after the big bang? Everything before that was quantum waves?

Does the holographic principle only apply to QM? Anything going into a blackhole is likely becoming quantum sized. Could we say matter going in gets turned into quantum waves? Is that what dark matter is, large groups of unbonded atoms that are quantum waves?

One day we will know the Quantum Wavelength that sits at the Quantum-Classical Boundary ..the line where Spacetime starts.

qw.gif

This is where I start going off the deep end:
If Observation is a property of Spacetime and QM was here before the Big Bang ..what purpose does Spacetime serve? Was it artificially set by a god? Did a god figure out how to turn clumped together waves into spacetime? Is spacetime mostly flat because it took the first conscious being to initiate it? Are we here to entertain a god with nothing but time to waste?

"God doesn't play dice" ..because he/she built spacetime above QM.

Gravity is weak, because it's only as strong as it needs to be for spacetime.

If our universe started from a black hole in another universe ..does the parent universe also have spacetime? Do our blackholes have spacetime?